Joon means life in Punjabi
ਜੂਨ | life
We chose the name to emphasise the full life of a garment and put our mission to create a more sustainable South Asian fashion industry at the centre of what we do.
Joon was started by a young woman frustrated by the lack of a sustainable alternatives to purchasing new South Asian garments every time a new event came around. Prebhjot also had a few outfits in her closet that she didn't know what to do with anymore. And so the idea of Joon was born.
What we do
In the simplest sense, we receive donations of South Asian garments and provide them for purchase or rent. We help you extend the Joon (life) of your garments.
We want to make the process as simple as possible for you:
- We take care of all the stress of a rental and dry-clean the garments before and after use.
- We are an online business, so it's as simple as choosing the outfit you like and waiting for it to arrive in the post.
- We work with you to ensure a good fit and can help with minor alterations.
What we stand for
Sustainability is at the core of our business. We want to reduce the environmental footprint of our South Asian garments, wherever possible.
- All our mailers are biodegradable and are reused in the rental process.
- Our products are packaged in eco-friendly tissue paper.
- We contribute to the employment and skills development of marginalised women in South India through our social enterprise partner Sewing The Seeds.
- We are part of an Eco-Packaging Alliance which contributes to reforestation.
- Sendle is our delivery partner and they are the only carbon neutral delivery service in Australia.